Camp Carnival (2-5 Years): Things to Know and Activities
The Camp Carnival program is currently on the Carnival Sunshine.
The Camp Ocean program is on all other ships. To view Camp Ocean: Things to Know and Activities - click here.
Sign In/Out Policy
- Children must be registered with Camp Carnival in order to participate in the activities.
- All children in this age group have a strict sign-in/sign-out policy.
- Children can only be signed in and out by the same Parent/Legal Guardian or authorized persons over the age of 18.
- Parents/legal guardian can authorize two other people (over the age of 18) on the Registration form to sign in/out their children from activities.
- The adult is required to present their Sail & Sign card each time they drop off and pick up their child.
- For the safety of the child, there are no exceptions to this rule.
Complimentary cell phones are available to parents on a case by case basis. The phone is used throughout the voyage, for ship-use only; the range does not extend beyond the ship. There will be a charge to the guest’s Sail & Sign card if the phone is lost, damaged or broken.
Children do not have to be potty-trained in order to take part in Camp Carnival or take part of the Night Owls services. Parents must provide the Youth Staff with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child. However, children over the age of 3 will not be changed by the Youth Staff. The parents will be provided with a cell telephone and must return when called to sign the child out of activities and change them. The child may then return to activities.
Pools / Spray Parks / WaterWorks / Whirlpools
Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Water facilities include pools, spray parks, WaterWorks, slides and whirlpools.
The Camp Carnival Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment/nebulizers and inhalers are permitted in Camp Carnival; these items will be kept in a designated area of Camp Carnival. If the child does require regular medication while attending Camp Carnival, the parents must return to administer the medication.
All children 11 and under must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff or the Guest Services Desk. In the event of an emergency, any children participating in Camp Carnival activities will be taken to the kids assembly area. There, they will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station and taken to their station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, parents should collect their child’s lifejacket from the cabin when they pick up their own. A Safety briefing will be held onboard when all regulations will be explained.
Camp Carnival provides supervised ‘Children’s-Only’ dinners every evening (6:00pm-6:45pm – ships may vary) of the cruise except on the first evening. These dinners take place in the Lido Restaurant. Some of the menu choices are macaroni and cheese, pizza, fish sticks, chicken tenders, hamburgers, hot dogs, vegetables, fruit and Jello.
Parents are encouraged to pick up their children for all other meals on sea days as lunch is not provided. On port days, Camp Carnival children will be provided lunch in the Lido Restaurant if their parents are ashore.
In the Dining Room, the children's menu features a wide variety of kids' favorites, including hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, French fries and banana splits, along with a ‘Daily Junior Special’ offering something new and different each day. The menus are included on the back page of a fun coloring/ activity book featuring word finds, mazes, tic-tac-toe, crossword puzzles, connect the dots and other games. Crayons are also provided.
Hour may vary due to cruise itineraries.
- Sea Days: Scheduled activities run from 10:00am-1:00pm; 2:00pm-5:00pm; 7:00pm-10:00pm. Programming is complimentary until 10:00pm.
- Port Days: We offer programming during our stay in port so parents are able to sightsee while kids are having fun in Camp. Programming is complimentary until 10:00pm.
- Evenings: Night Owls and Late Night Parties - for details and fees, see Night Owls (babysitting). From 10:00pm-1:00am each evening in the Camp facility, a ‘slumber party’ type atmosphere, including movie time, toys and room service snacks. In addition to the Night Owls program, on select evenings of the cruise, we have additional parties which offer fun, memories and great value.
Activities may include:
- Sing-a-longs - Music and Movement Activities
- Play dough sculptures H2Ocean Activity - Make your own Playdoh
- Picture bingo - Bingo for prizes/candy
- Story time - A-B-Seas Reading and Story Time
- Kids talent show
- Face painting - during themed activities
- Soft Play and slide equipment
- ExerSeas indoor ball games, parachute games and kids Aerobics
- Owl Jams Party – featuring, Candy Art, dancing, games and snacks
- Movie nights
- and more...
Theme Nights and Theme Character Activities
The program offers a wide variety of themed activities involving:
- face painting
- arts and crafts
- story times and games
Some of our theme nights are:
- Jurassic Park
- Super Hero's
- Alien Invasion
- Bunny Night
- Under the Sea Adventure
Some of our Character Activities may include:
- Dr Seuss
- Dora the Explorer
- Scooby Doo
Games and Activities
We also offer a wide variety of games and activities throughout the cruise. Activities include:
- Picture Bingo
- Movie nights
- Kids dance parties
- Late night parties
- Don’t Eat Tommy
- Kids talent show
- Tee-shirt decorating
- and much, much, more
Camp Carnival likes to promote fun filled vacation experiences for the whole family and to do this, we offer a selection of family activities. Some activities may include:
- Family Welcome Aboard Party
- Ice cream eating contests
- Kids talent show
- Family scavenger hunt
- Family Name that Tune
- Family Karaoke
- Cookie Decorating
- Build a Bear at Sea (fees apply)